Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Sow Doubt and Disruption*

 A friend and I wrote a play based on an old play.  The old play was popular when it was written but was awful.  What we wrote is fun and the experience was wonderful.  Second draft complete.  Now it's time to find out what some of our friends think.  Then another rewrite.

Another friend asked me to write a play about a subject I care a great deal about.  We gathered a group of like minded people.  We have been meeting and dreaming and planning and learning.  Another wonderful experience.  There is an outline, but no words on the page yet, but we grow closer to what we believe needs and what we want to say.

I listened to a talk from a couple of artist yesterday.  One talked about art as disruption.  It's not a word I have used for my art, but it describes my desire perfectly.

I want to disrupt the normal.

Tim Robbins said "It becomes the duty of superior men and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery."

Afraid what I fling is not monkey wrenches... but it still has to do with monkeys.  

I'm probably not one of the "superior."

Anyway, despite a global pandemic, my friends have kept me going and I cannot thank them enough.


*Tim Robbins - Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment